Thursday, July 7, 2011

Dreams in the Fire and Dead River Revenge

Who's up for a good cause? Who loves new fiction? How about anthologies featuring well known writers and fledgling bards alike? If you answered "YES" to any of the questions above I encourage you to head over to Mark Finn's LULU page and get yourself a copy of Dreams in the Fire, a collection of stories and poems inspired by Robert E. Howard. Written entirely by REHupans (current and former members of an Amateur Press Association called, appropriately enough, REHupa.) This book hosts the work of some very well known authors: James Reasoner, Mark Finn, Charles Gramlich, Bob Weinberg, Angeline Hawkes, Christopher Fulbright, Don Herron as well as many others whose names you won't forget after having read their fiction and poetry.

Edited and produced by my pal Mark Finn and I, this collection is very near and dear to our hearts as all proceeds benefit Project Pride, the organization that owns and cares for the Robert E. Howard home in Cross Plains, Texas. This book boasts stories and poetry in many different genres but they each draw from the same creative wellspring  - Robert E. Howard's fiction. Get it. Enjoy it. Help preserve a literary landmark.

Oh. Yeah, silly me, I almost forgot. Allow me to indulge in the smallest way - I've placed my first short story in this collection. It's called, Dead River Revenge, and it's an epic story of revenge that is equal parts frontier-historical, action, and horror fiction. I had always wanted to write about my home state of Illinois, especially that area in which I was raised, and with this story I turn history on its head. The folks who live near Illinois Beach State Park, in Beach Park, Illinois will get a kick out of my presentation of the real Dead River. If you are a fan of native mythology, frontier history, and good ol' fashioned action you just might like this story. Let me know what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment