Saturday, July 2, 2011

Round One: the first post

Welcome to the home of the Punch-Drunk Bard. This is my online journal about writing, boxing, and the great outdoors. I won't kid you - I'm trying to become a regularly published author. To that end I have decided to launch this here blog and fill cyberspace with my thoughts on the things mentioned above. I'm hoping, of course, that some publisher will stumble across my blog and be filled with awe at what he/she reads. While that scenario isn't likely to transpire I can make your reading experience less tedious by refusing to include those inane comments about my every day life (unless there is a good story waiting to be told.) You know what I mean: boring posts about the food I ate last night, my last bowel movement, or the nifty shirt I almost bought. Rest assured - I will fill this space with lively commentary on the subjects that are near and dear to my heart. I am new to this blogging thing and hope that the learning curve is not too steep for my old legs to climb. Please, if something I've written stirs an emotion, by all means leave a comment - unless it is so filled with profanity that I end up lacing up the gloves to search you out for a beat down. I'm really looking forward to this experience. I'm hoping you get as much out of it as I do.
Christopher Gruber
The Punch-Drunk Bard

No comments:

Post a Comment